Friday, October 06, 2006

Day 20; Strapped my boots on!

Hey again.

Im not sure the last post worked. Its all messed up on this apple. Anyways today was 100% better. I woke up alert and with a positive attitude. The first thing I did was get some pancakes at the local "breakfast bar", smoke and all.

After the relaxing snack I took a walk around central Tokyo. Its been raining here like crazy. (Hurricane season). But I wasnt about to let the rain put a damper on my first real day in Tokyo. I started out by hitting up a very high priced hotel. They had a really sweet Bently out from. The car must have been 150,000 big ones. I went inside and asked the conceirge where some good attraction were. He told me about the massive Sony building, Imperial Palace and some plays.

The play started at 10:30 a.m. so I stop in a local coffee house and wrote in my journal for an hour or so. Then I walked to the theatre and was surprised by how nice it was on the outside. Its a massive oldschool temple exterior with wooded sculptures on the inside. Inside I met a fellow North American that showed me around.

The play was descent, costumes were 4 stars. After the play Denise and I hit up a Japanese Pasta house. Was great food. The pricing is expensive for Canadians but on par for Americans.

After lunch we hit up the Sony building. Its 8 stories of electronic heaven. I saw some unreal gear. Including the Playstation 3! The bathrooms talk to you. Fun.

From there we went back to her hotel and talked to the conceirge there. She helped me for about 30 min. I got setup in this really nice hotel/hostel close by. I forced myself to study the transit systems maps for a good hour. I think I know it all. Its unbelievable efficient and fast as heck.

I immediately met 3 canadians and a brit. Oh and a really cute Edmontonian.

After a couple hours of setting up at the hostel I headed out to check out the town. A 15 min subway ride brings me into a nuts area of town. This place is unreal, you guys wouldnt believe it. Ive seen grandmas driving NSX's, Geishas in Denny's, has an umbrella given to me, and been taken places with random people.

I hit up a unreal Indian food restaurant. Its 100x better than the Tanjouri hut in Calgary. Omg the food. Yum. I walked around with Denise in a trendy district checking out shops and bars. You should see the arcades here, sweet. They have hilarious games.

Did I mention the women? The Japanese women are ALL beautiful. Beyond beautiful. The are sexy without being slutty, all naturally lean, friendly, submissive but independent and kind. Everywhere I look I see beauty. I hate to say it by Canadian women just dont compare, but you knew that.

Anyways after wandering around a crazy lightshow, arcade, loud, excentric roppongi distric I pulled off into a small club and had a small drink. Watching the stylish Japanese dance was fun.

I think tommorow im going to hit up the Shibuya area if its not raining. Apparently Shibuya is like the Japanese Time Square. Every 4 min its the busiest street in the world. Just north of Shibuya is Harajuku. Yes HARAJUKU, the famous harajuku girls. I cant wait. Gorgeous goth girls wanting you to take there picture. Sunday nights they all come out, fyi.

Oh I forgot to mention, I wandered around Ginza area. This area is a shoppers dream. Ive never seen so much wealth. I saw a 12,300 dollar kimono. I also saw a 124,000 pearl neclace, 6000 dollar Louis Viton handbag and a 900 dollar of Perfume. I think there was something lost in the currency. I had to ask, they corrected me up 1 decimal. HAHA. More than I thought!

I also love the Nissan Cafe. You can sit down and have a drink around all the newest cars and concept cars. Ive got great pictures for you Sean.

Im tired as heck, Gnight. Pics to come when I

No comments: